Get your tummy muscles flexed and ready to chuckle and use this day as an excuse to start a new hilarious habit.
The funny thing about laughter is that it is an entity in itself. It does not need to befriend humour in order to occur; just as humour can emerge without laughter.
Laugh for the Health of It
There are many benefits to a good hearty belly laugh and among them are:
- Laughter reduces stress levels by 75% or more.
- Laughter increases blood circulation and improves breathing.
- Laughter exercises facial, abdominal and chest muscles.
- Immune, digestive and sexual systems are switched on by laughter.
- Laughter increases tolerance for pain.
- There are no costs for laughter, but the income is priceless.
- Laughter improves the functionality of the brain and makes you more alert.
- Ten minutes of hearty laughter is equal to 30 minutes of rowing or jogging.
- The simple thought of having a good laugh helps you relax.
- Laughter and humour can help you cope with difficult situations.
- Playful laughing fuels positive emotions and cultivates optimism.
- Laughter slows down the aging process.
- Laughter raises your overall sense of well-being and leaves you bursting with energy.
- Self-confidence and communication skills are given a boost by laughter.
- Laughter keeps you connected to others.
- Laughter reassures you and defuses fear.
- Laughing is a universal language – just like smiling.
- Laughter is the cure for depression.
- Although laughter is not a disease, it can be contagious.
- Laughter makes you creative, ripe with possibility and excited about new ideas.
Open a Laughing Memory Account
What made you laugh today? Be sure to deposit it in your laughing memory bank account along with all your past laughing memories. You never know when an emergency situation will occur, and you’ll need to withdraw. You can do this by creating a special Laughing Memory Account book to record your happy memories in.
Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
– Victor Borge
We don’t laugh because we are happy, we are happy because we laugh. – William James
Among those who I like and admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those I love, I can: they all make me laugh.
– W. H. Auden